Fire Damages Anadarko Apartments

 A fire at an Anadarko apartment complex last week caused hundreds of thousands of dollars in damage and left about a dozen people without homes.
 The blaze erupted at the Landmark Apartments at West 5th Street and Oklahoma Avenue about 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, September 26. Fortunately nobody was hurt.
 Anadarko firefighters summoned help from Gracemont, Verden, and Chickasha fire departments and crews were on the scene for about five hours.  
 Anadarko Fire Chief Greg Stone estimated damage at $775,000. Stone said it appeared that an electrical short in the attic of one of the apartments sparked the blaze.
 Many of the families displaced were able to stay with other family members. He said the Anadarko First Baptist Church, The Caddo and Delaware Nations, and the Red Cross helped to provide some relief to the displaced residents.